Real care where it counts
Wherever you are in New Zealand, Suzuki Assist is always just a phone call or message away. If the unexpected happens, our operators can access a nationwide network of accredited Suzuki Assist contractors to make sure your journey ends well. It's all part of our real care package.
Valid for 5 years from the first sale date with no limitation on kilometres travelled, Suzuki Assist provides one of New Zealand’s most comprehensive roadside assistance programme - one more reason you’ll enjoy owning and driving a new Suzuki.
If you need assistance, just dial the Suzuki Assist toll-free number printed on your windscreen sticker or push the ‘Request Assistance’ button on our smartphone app.
CALL OUR 0800 NUMBER
0800 929 394 (for vehicles purchased from 1 February 2014 onwards)
0800 78 66 88 (for vehicles purchased prior to 1 February 2014)
Please have on hand the following information to give the phone operator:
- your name and location
- your licence plate number
- a description of the problem
- if possible, a telephone number (mobile) you can be contacted on.
USE OUR SMARTPHONE APP
The Suzuki Assist app finds your location automatically using the phone’s GPS. It helps you tell our service agents what assistance you need easily and quickly. There’s also a link to turn on the torch, a map of our dealer network, and access to our website.
All day, every day
24 hour breakdown assistance
Wherever you are in New Zealand, 24 hours, 7 days a week, you can call 0800 929 394 (for vehicles purchased from 1 February 2014 onwards) or 0800 78 66 88 (for vehicles purchased prior to 1 February 2014), or tap the 'Request Assistance' button on the Suzuki Assist smartphone app to contact a Suzuki Assist contractor to carry out roadside repairs or have your vehicle transported to where it can be repaired.
Free tow to safety
Free tow to safety If the vehicle has a mechanical related breakdown and that vehicle cannot be repaired on the spot to be mobile, the vehicle will be towed to the nearest Suzuki Dealer or, if you are in a metro area, it will be towed to the dealer of your choice.
If the vehicle has a flat tyre, the Suzuki Assist contractor will change the wheel with the vehicle’s serviceable spare. For those vehicles with a tyre inflator kit and the Suzuki Assist contractor agent is unable to facilitate the repair with this equipment, they will tow the vehicle to the nearest facility able to supply/or repair the wheel.
There is no charge to the client for any call out and/or towing provided standard terms and conditions are met.
If your vehicle has broken down due to a flat battery during working hours, Suzuki Assist will attempt to jump start your car. If this is not possible, Suzuki Assist will have your vehicle transported to the nearest authorised Suzuki service centre. If the jump start is successful, but the battery condition is suspect, take your vehicle to the nearest authorised Suzuki service centre immediately where the battery will be fully charged and checked. If required, it will be replaced free of charge as long as your vehicle is covered under the vehicle’s warranty.
If your vehicle has broken down due to a flat battery outside working hours, Suzuki Assist will attempt to jump start your car. If this is not possible, Suzuki Assist may offer to sell you a battery. The suspected faulty battery must be supplied to your nearest authorised Suzuki service centre at the earliest convenience, where the battery will be fully charged and checked. If found faulty and your battery is under warranty, you will be reimbursed for the full cost of the replacement battery.
If you run out of fuel, Suzuki Assist will arrange an emergency top up of up to 5 litres, or if special regulations apply, assistance to get you to the nearest refuelling station.
If something’s worrying you about your vehicle – for example, if warning lights come on – simply call our toll-free number and a Suzuki Assist operator will be able to advise you over the phone.
Losing your keys or locking them in
Suzuki Assist will arrange emergency access to your vehicle or send you replacement keys as soon as possible. Key replacement may take up to 36 hours with sophisticated locking systems. Please note that Suzuki Assist covers mechanism breakdowns not the cost of replacement for lost keys.
Towing will be provided, where possible, for caravans or any other form of trailer body whilst being towed by the vehicle which has experienced the breakdown and requires towing, provided the trailer/caravan can be transported by one standard towing vehicle.
It will be towed to the nearest Suzuki Dealer or, if you are in a metro area, it will be towed to the dealer of your choice. Any additional costs i.e. storage of any caravan or any other form of trailer body is at the expense of the driver.
Temporary flexi side glass replacement
In the event of a broken side glass window, a temporary flexi side glass window will be supplied (subject to availability) and fitted free of charge by the Suzuki Assist service contractor to enable the vehicle to be secured and safely driven. The driver will then be referred to the nearest Suzuki Dealer for approved side glass replacement.
Emergency taxi – less than 100 km from home
In the event of a vehicle warranty related breakdown and the vehicle is unable to be repaired on the spot, a taxi can be provided up to a value of $100.00 (GST inclusive) to enable the driver and any travel companions to continue their journey.
Overnight accommodation – over 100 km from home
Where the vehicle’s warranty repairs will exceed eight hours of continuous work and where they are more than 100 kilometres from their place of residence, accommodation may be offered. This accommodation provision will cover single or double accommodation up to a value of $120.00 per night (GST inclusive) for a maximum of three (3) nights.
Where the vehicle’s warranty repairs will exceed eight hours of continuous work and where they are more than 100 kilometres from their place of residence, the driver will qualify for a rental car for a maximum of three (3) days at a maximum value of $120.00 per day (GST inclusive). This will enable the driver to return home or continue their journey. In this instance, the driver is required to pay standard running costs, ie: petrol/oil/km used. If the driver has chosen not to take the accommodation entitlement (refer to Overnight Accommodation section above) the rental car period may be extended, if necessary, to 6 days at a value of $120.00 (GST inclusive) per day. In this instance, the driver is required to pay standard running costs; i.e. petrol/oil/km used.
If you’re in an accident or your vehicle breaks down, Suzuki Assist will act as the communications coordinator for friends, family or business contacts on your behalf.
Suzuki Assist will provide advice on what to do in the event of an accident and how to get your vehicle to your preferred repairer. Suzuki Assist can arrange towing services for you, but the costs of transporting accident vehicles aren’t covered so you will need to talk to your insurer.
Emergency medical assistance
If you are involved in an accident, Suzuki Assist can put you in contact with medical staff to provide advice. We will also contact and liaise with relatives and family physicians if required.
If you or a passenger can’t continue the journey, Suzuki Assist will arrange suitable transport home or to the nearest medical facility and have the vehicle transported to its destination. Personal and vehicle costs are not covered by Suzuki Assist so you will need to talk to your insurer.
Suzuki Assist will help with legal advice on accidents or ownership issues; e.g. when buying or selling a vehicle.
Selling your vehicle
Suzuki Assist will help with legal advice on accidents or ownership issues; e.g. when buying or selling a vehicle.
Services for off-roaders
Suzuki Assist can arrange the following services on a pay-per-use basis:
Towing from remote areas and recovering bogged vehicles
If you have become bogged or stranded in a remote area, Suzuki Assist can arrange specialist equipment to recover your vehicle on a pay-per-use basis. If you are stranded due to mechanical break–down covered by the vehicle’s warranty, you will not need to pay.
Terms and exclusions
Suzuki Assist cover applies for 5 years on all new Suzuki vehicles sold in New Zealand. Cover commences from the date the vehicle is first registered. Suzuki Assist can be transferred to another owner if you sell the vehicle during the 5 year period.
A 12 month Suzuki Assist policy is also available for purchase on a used Suzuki vehicle. For used Suzuki vehicles that were first registered in New Zealand the vehicle must be no older than 12 years of age from date of first registration to be eligible. For used import Suzuki vehicles the build date must be no older than 12 years.
The service is restricted to the nominated and registered vehicle. Appointed service contractors will be required to verify vehicle registration on arrival. If the vehicle is not listed in the Suzuki Assist database, all costs of the call out will be the responsibility of the owner/driver of that vehicle. The vehicle must be well maintained, roadworthy and in good mechanical condition. To protect the premiums of all Suzuki Assist customers, the service may be amended or withdrawn if a customer uses it excessively through failing to maintain the vehicle and correct recurring faults, or uses it fraudulently.
You must pay the costs of parts, labour and any other associated parts not covered by the vehicle’s warranty.
Drivers must be with their vehicle at the designated time of arrival of the Suzuki Assist service contractor. The customer may be required to pay in advance for any subsequent callouts. If you sell the vehicle, complete the ‘Transfer of Ownership’ form under the Contact Us section or call you local Suzuki dealer. Suzuki Assist reserves the right to decline a caller’s request for service or assistance if the vehicle or owner details are not kept up to date.
The Suzuki Assist service provider reserves the right to deny services to any Suzuki Assist customer who in the service provider’s opinion is or has been abusive, threatening or violent toward any staff , or who attempts or has attempted to receive service by deception, with no requirement to refund.
Suzuki Assist applies normally to breakdowns aff ecting vehicles travelling on gazetted roads accessible by normal assistance recovery vehicles. However, Suzuki Assist can arrange to have accident-damaged vehicles recovered from public roads that can’t be accessed by normal 2WD recovery vehicles. In such cases, costs will be the customer’s responsibility unless the breakdown is covered by the vehicle’s warranty.
Suzuki Assist does not cover:
- when the vehicle is involved in or disabled due to theft,vandalism and motor vehicle accidents; except in the case of Temporary Flexi Side Glass Replacement, Accident Co-ordination, Emergency Medical Assistance and Legal Advice
- when it could be considered dangerous or illegal for our provider to load or transport the vehicle
- when the vehicle is immobilised by failure to carry a serviceable spare wheel
- breakdown as a result of misuse of the vehicle
- where the vehicle has been used for racing, rallying, pace noting, speed testing, reliability trials, competition or off road activities at the time of the breakdown, accident or injury
- where the vehicle has been used as a taxi at the time of breakdown
- where the vehicle becomes bogged down on other than public or formed roads; e.g. beaches, forest tracks, etc
- where the vehicle becomes trapped or immobilized in extreme conditions; e.g. snow, ice, flooding, road slips, etc
- attendance to or recovery of a vehicle that has broken down as a result of owner/driver negligence, whereby Suzuki Assist
- has provided a service on previous occasions and the owner/driver has not affected the necessary repairs required to ensure the safe and proper operation of the vehicle
- a rental car or accommodation when repairs can be carried out within one full working day by a suitable repair person
- the cost of any vehicle repairs problems relating to electrical items within the vehicle; e.g. radio, infotainment system, satellite navigation, Bluetooth, etc
- vehicles of 3.5 tonnes gross laden weight or greater
- where the vehicle does not display a current Warrant of Fitness and/or Registration.
For owners of used Suzuki vehicles
Suzuki Assist is also available to owners of used Suzuki vehicles on an annual subscription basis. Please note the following variations to the terms and conditions. These variations apply to used vehicles only and other terms and conditions previously shown continue to apply.
- Suzuki Assist may be purchased for both NZ new and used imported vehicles. Purchase is made on an annual fee basis and is not provided for a five year period as stated in the Suzuki Assist brochure for new vehicles
- The provision of Suzuki Assist on Suzuki vehicles registered more than three years ago is an agreement between the service provider and the individual
- Suzuki Assist provides a range of services up to agreed limits as stated in the brochure. Costs above this amount will be the responsibility of the individual
- Costs relating to parts, labour and any other associated costs for the repair of the Suzuki vehicle (unless covered by the manufacturer’s warranty), including replacement batteries and/or tyres, shall be at the owner/driver’s expense
- Suzuki Assist roadside assistance will be restricted to a maximum of three (3) callouts in any one year of membership subscription.
Breakdown safety guide
Here are 10 tips to keep yourself and your passengers safe if your vehicle breaks down:
1. Park your vehicle as far to the left-hand side of the road as possible.
2. Turn on the hazard lights.
3. If it is dark, raining or foggy, turn on your vehicle’s parking lights.
4. If it’s safer to remain in the vehicle, ensure all occupants sit in seats as far from traffic as they can and fasten their seatbelts.
5. If it's safer for you and your passengers to be outside of the vehicle, ensure you:
- leave the vehicle from the side away from traffic (usually the passenger door),
- take all passengers with you, and
- find a safe area away from the road or behind a roadside barrier.
6. If your life is at immediate risk call 111; if there is danger but not life threatening, call *555 to inform Police.
7. Call 0800 929 394 for Suzuki Assist on your mobile or use an emergency roadside phone if available.
8. Wait for a Suzuki Assist service contractor; do not attempt to fix the vehicle yourself.
9. Do not approach the Suzuki Assist service contractor’s vehicle when it arrives – stay in your vehicle or in the safe area you have moved to and wait for the service contractor to approach you.
10. Follow the Suzuki Assist service contractor’s instructions.
Keep these tips in your glovebox so they’re on hand if ever you need them.