Super Limited Stock!
Descended from the World Championship winning RM-Z450, the first motocross bike to feature fuel injection, the 2018 RMX450Z is designed for serious competition and off-road riders.
Powerful and torquey 449cc, liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine shares its core with the race proven RM-Z, but with modifications for more usable power across a wider range of conditions.
The frame, suspension, and bodywork are nearly identical to the RM-Z450's - maintaining that model's slim, aggressive styling, but adding an electric start, full-function instrumentation, a 18-inch rear wheel and lighting to make it a superior trail riding machine. That's like taking your hard-core motocross machine out onto the trail. Only better. Much better.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||449|
|Bore x Stroke||96.0 mm X 62.1 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Starter System||Electric and Kick|
|Overall Length (mm)||2185|
|Overall Width (mm)||840|
|Overall Height (mm)||1265|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||320|
|Seat Height (mm)||950|
|Curb Mass (kg)||
|Suspension - Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||80/100-21 51M, tube type|
|Tyre - Rear||110/100-18 64M, tube type|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||6.2|
- New colour and graphics
- Electric starter powered by a compact battery, a coolant reservoir tank and an engine protector plate.
- Large magneto-generator is fitted to charge the battery and power the lights.
- Advanced fuel injection system makes for extra-smooth power delivery, high fuel efficiency, superb reliability and reduced emissions.
- The airbox features a hinged lid for quick air-filter maintenance and better protection from dust.
- Modified inlet tract and revised cam profiles to increase low and mid-rpm power.
- 5-speed transmission with wide gear ratios and primary/final drive ratios.
- The aluminium-alloy twin-spar frame combines cast and extruded sections to achieve low weight with high rigidity and durability.
- RM-Z450-derived trail-ready suspension uses high-performance Showa forks and Showa piggyback-reservoir style rear shock.
- Rear suspension linkage geometry combines the RM-Z series' renowned turning-on-rails abilities with optimized handling performance for trail rides.
- The aluminium alloy swingarm is derived from RM-Z450. It maintains ideal balance, while the rear suspension linkage benefits from reduced free play.
- Motocross-developed seat, slim bodywork and low-profile aluminium-alloy fuel tank together compose a comfortable, ergonomically riding position.
- The full-function, two (sport/standard) mode instrument cluster in a durable, ultra-compact housing includes a low fuel level warning light.
- Two-mode instrument display; Sport mode simply shows a timer, tripmeter, average speed and tire-diameter correction. Standard mode also shows speed, time, two trip lengths and voltage.
- An integrated tyre diameter calculator allows precise fine tuning for different tyres to ensure the accuracy of the speed and distance displays.