Ultimate Sport, Timeless Styling
Over the last decade, the motorcycle has evolved while staying true to its concept - the pinnacle of high-performance motorcycles. Its sensational power, speed, smooth ride and overwhelming presence continue to fascinate owners and onlookers alike. Because the Hayabusa is, and always will be, the ultimate sports bike.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||1340|
|Bore x Stroke||81.0 mm x 65.0 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel injection|
|Overall Length (mm)||2190|
|Overall Width (mm)||735|
|Overall Height (mm)||1165|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||120|
|Seat Height (mm)||805|
|Curb Mass (kg)||266|
|Suspension - Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc, twin|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W) tubeless|
|Tyre - Rear||190/50ZR17M/C (73W) tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||21|
- 1340cc in-line 4-cylinder fuel-injected, liquid-cooled DOHC engine built to deliver a broad wave of torque for effortless acceleration.
- The chrome nitride Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) coating is harder and smoother than conventional chrome plating, reducing friction while improving cylinder sealing.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) cylinder plating improves heat transfer, durability and ring seal.
- Forged three-ring aluminum-alloy slipper pistons provide superior strength, while PVD-coated rings reduce friction and improve cylinder sealing.
- Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) serves as back-torque-limiting system for smooth downshifts and also contributes to a light clutch pull.
- Optimized 6-speed transmission; oil spray to the 4th, 5th and 6th gears reduce wear and mechanical noise during highway cruising.
- Suzuki’s advanced fuel-injection system with tapered, 44mm double-barrel Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) induction improves combustion efficiency and makes throttle response feel more natural.
- Two 12-hole fine-spray injectors on each throttle body improve fuel atomization for better combustion efficiency and while reducing fuel consumption.
- Idle Speed Control (ISC) system improves cold starting and helps maintain stable engine idle under various conditions.
- Suzuki Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system ignites unburned hydrocarbons (HC) and reduces carbon monoxide (CO) emissions.
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) lets riders select engine settings to match preferences or riding conditions.
- Advanced aerodynamics offering superb wind protection both for normal and completely tucked-in seating positions.
- Twin-spar aluminum-alloy frame built with castings and extrusions.
- KYB inverted cartridge forks feature Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coating on the 43mm stanchion tubes to reduce friction and improve reaction to small surface irregularities.
- The front forks and the single rear shock absorber both have fully adjustable spring preload, compression and rebound damping.
- 3-spoke cast-aluminum-alloy wheels shod with 120/70ZR17M/C (58W) front and 190/50ZR17M/C (73W) rear radial tires.
- The standard equipment Antilock Brake System (ABS)* unit features a lightweight, compact design. The ABS enhances brake performance by helping prevent, to a certain extent, wheel locking due to changes in road conditions or excessive braking, by matching stopping power to available traction.
- 310mm dual-floating-discs mated with the radial-mount Brembo monobloc front brake calipers. The calipers are lighter and more rigid than conventional bolt-together calipers, deliver better feedback, and are fitted with larger pistons that increase initial bite for greater control. The hollow-type mounting bolts further reduce weight.
- 260mm single-disc rear brake with single-piston brake caliper.
- Four analog gauges including step-motor-driven tachometer and speedometer. Round LCD panel includes clock, gear position indicator, S-DMS map indicator, odometer and dual trip meters.
- Engine-rpm indicator, programmable to blink or stay on between 4,000 and 11,500 rpm.
* Please note that ABS is a supplemental device for brake operation, not a device for shortening stopping distance. Always remember to reduce speed sufficiently before approaching curves and corners.