Hot on and off the road
Whether you are on a local dirt-kicking, mud-slinging trail ride, adventure ride or dodging traffic and pedestrians on your daily commute, the DR-Z400E is the bike to do it all.
It’s light, and with advanced long-travel multi-adjustable suspension front and rear, it’s agile. The compact liquid-cooled high-compression-ratio 398cc engine is precisely integrated into the highly rigid frame and provides broad, tractable power and torque of a large-displacement 4-stroke engine.
The DR-Z400E is fitted with powerful disc brakes and lightweight aluminium wheels, and push-button, electric start.
The hottest trail bike on the market plus the ability to ride it on the road.
$9,999 +ORCFinance Calculator
|Engine Type||4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||398|
|Bore x Stroke||90.0 mm x 62.6 mm|
|Fuel System||Carburettor KEIHIN FCR39, single|
|Overall Length (mm)||2310|
|Overall Width (mm)||825|
|Overall Height (mm)||1235|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||315|
|Seat Height (mm)||935|
|Curb Mass (kg)||138|
|Suspension - Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||80/100-21 M/C 51P, tube type|
|Tyre - Rear||120/90-18 M/C 65P, tube type|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||10|
- The engine features compact, streamlined design for the double advantage of low engine positioning and extra-slim, off-road rider-friendly chassis.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Materials (SCEM) cylinder for durability, weight reduction and superior heat transfer.
- KEIHIN FCR39 flat-side carburettor for seamless and smooth engine power delivery.
- Quickly-release left side cover for easy access to the air filter.
- Dry-sump lubrication system makes crankcase compact.
- Magnesium-alloy clutch, magneto and cam covers contribute to weight reduction.
- Digitally mapped DC-CDI system monitors throttle position/engine rpm and adjusts ignition timing to maintain efficient combustion.
- Rider-friendly electric engine starter with a lightweight electric starter motor and a compact, maintenance-free battery.
- Automatic decompression system lifts one exhaust valve to provide easy starting.
- The bodywork features smooth transitions between the tail and seat to facilitate machine control on or off-road.
- Long travel, 49 mm-stanchion-tube front forks and progressive linkage rear suspension system are both multi-adjustable.
- Narrow frame made of thin, round and rectangular chrome-moly steel tubes for exceptional torsional rigidity with minimum weight.