There is good reason middleweight off-road bikes are so popular; they offer abundant power combined with lightweight handling. With the 2018 DR-Z250 you can enjoy the trail ride in the weekend, then commute to work during the week.
Grab a handful of throttle and you’ll be rewarded with a broad spread of power from the oil-cooled motor, backed up with a slick 6-speed transmission and disc brakes front and rear. It comes equipped with electric start (with a kick-start back-up) and when the terrain gets rough, you can count on the DR-Z250’s long-travel suspension for a plush ride.
So whether you are out trail riding, involved in the daily commute or working around the farm, the DR-Z250 is always ready for action.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, air-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||249|
|Bore x Stroke||73.0 mm x 59.6 mm|
|Fuel System||Carburettor MIKUNI TM28|
|Starter System||Electric and Kick|
|Overall Length (mm)||2230|
|Overall Width (mm)||880|
|Overall Height (mm)||1215|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||300|
|Seat Height (mm)||890|
|Curb Mass (kg)||131|
|Suspension - Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||3.00-21 51P, tube type|
|Tyre - Rear||4.60-18 63P, tube type|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||10.5|
- Proven Suzuki Advanced Cooling System (SACS) combined with a large capacity oil cooler to maintain optimum engine temperatures.
- Aluminium cylinder plated with race-proven Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating plated for weight reduction and better heat transfer.
- Twin Swirl Combustion Chamber (TSCC) head helps provide excellent throttle response. Counter balancer for a comfortable ride with less vibration.
- Automatic decompression system for an easy start.
- 6-speed transmission with cable-operated clutch built for smooth, reliable gear shift operation.
- Large, 4-litre airbox ensures abundant airflow into the engine. Quick-release fasteners facilitate air-filter maintenance.
- Compact and rigid frame matched with a lightweight aluminium swingarm. Engine protector as standard equipment.
- Long travel front forks come with 12-way compression and 17-way rebound damping force adjustment.
- Remote-reservoir shock absorber comes with fully adjustable compression and rebound damping force and fully adjustable spring preload.
- Powerful braking system with large front disc brake with twin-piston caliper and single rear disc brake. The rear brake comes with caliper guard and disc guard.
- Easy-to-read speedometer and trip meter.
- Front headlight and headlight cover same as the DR-Z400 series fitted for aggressive front styling.
* The 2018 SuzukiFest promotion runs at participating Suzuki dealers between 1 November 2018 and 31 March 2019.