V-Twin power for the street
What started in 1999 as a motorcycle built to deliver “V-Twin fun”, the Suzuki SV650 quickly became a rider’s phenomenon around the world.
Not only was this universal motorcycle well-suited for urban roads but it was right at home on the racetrack too.
Raising the “V-twin fun machine” performance even higher with latest Suzuki innovations, the SV650’s newest version now sets a higher standard. The new SV650 is a rider’s go-anywhere dream machine.
Available as a full power model or LAMS.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90º V-twin|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||645|
|Bore x Stroke||81.0 mm x 62.6 mm|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Overall Length (mm)||2140|
|Overall Width (mm)||760|
|Overall Height (mm)||1090|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||135|
|Seat Height (mm)||785|
|Curb Mass (kg)||196|
|Suspension - Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc, twin|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tyre - Rear||160/60ZR17M/C (69W), tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||14.5|
- Overall shape is designed to express a slim, lightweight design and to highlight the powerful looking V-Twin engine.
- The simple base design and a wide range of available optional parts make it easy to personalise the SV650.
- The elegant and sporty design makes the V-twin engine more highly visible.
- An integrated twin-LED taillight and brake light configuration replaces the bulbs of the previous model.
- The V-twin engine is the first on a Suzuki motorcycle to adopt resin coating and tin plating on the pistons. This minimises losses due to friction between the cylinder and piston, and contributes to improved fuel economy.
- Suzuki's Dual Spark Technology utilises two high-performance nickel-alloy spark plugs per cylinder that provide precision ignition.
- Low RPM Assist provides better start control and operation by helping suppress engine stalls at launching operation and riding at slow speeds.
- The characteristic slim V-twin body and streamlined seat design make it easy to plant one's feet on the ground while stopped and easily lean into and manage corners while riding.
- Compact and lightweight chassis provides nimble and easy handling.
- Introducing compact and light ABS technology, which provides sure stopping performance and stable stopping distance regardless of the road conditions.
- Full LCD instrument panel displays gear position, speedometer, tachometer, odometer, trip meter, clock, water temperature and fuel.
- Backlight is adjustable and can be set to your preference.
- A luggage loop is available for securing cargo.
- The Suzuki Easy Start System lets the rider start the motorcycle with just a push of a button, while a 32-bit ECM keeps the starter motor working for a certain time.
- Low fuel consumption 3.9L/100km (26km/L) in WMTC mode.
- The V-twin engine delivers deep rumble in the lower range, strong and liner torque in mid-range and smoothly runs up to the high-rev range in a controllable manner.
- New muffler cover design and position redesigned to secure a maximum lean angle.
- Brake calipers updated from 2-pot pin slide type to 4-pot opposed tyre.