The DR-Z400SM welcomes you to the exhilarating world of supermotard riding with cutting-edge dual purpose bike designs and stylish, functional top-grade street equipment that captures the essence of free-spirited street riding pleasure. It is fun to ride, whatever street, boulevard or highway you're heading for.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||398|
|Bore x Stroke||90.0 mm x 62.6 mm|
|Fuel System||Carburettor MIKUNI BSR36, single|
|Overall Length (mm)||
|Overall Width (mm)||
|Overall Height (mm)||1200|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||
|Seat Height (mm)||
|Curb Mass (kg)||146|
|Suspension - Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||120/70R 17M/C 58H, tube type|
|Tyre - Rear||140/70R 17M/C 66H, tube type|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||10|
- Blue and gold anodised EXCEl wheel rims
- 398 cc, 4-stroke, liquid cooled, DOHC engine, delivering broad, tractable power and torque.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) -plated cylinder for durability, weight reduction and superior heat transfer.
- Dry-sump lubrication system makes the crankcase compact and helps achieve low engine positioning for agile handling.
- Lightweight magnesium-alloy clutch, magneto and cam covers.
- Digitally mapped DC-CDI system monitors throttle position/engine rpm and adjusts ignition timing for efficient combustion.
- Compact electric starter motor and automatic decompression system for easy starting.
- Massive 310 mm floating type front disc brake, the same size used on the GSX-R1000.
- Slim bodywork featuring super-smooth transitions between the fuel tank, seat, radiator, side covers and rear fender.
- Long-stroke inverted front forks for an extra-smooth stroking action.
- Long-travel, damping and spring preload adjustable rear shock absorber connected to the stylishly tapered aluminium alloy swingarm with a progressive linkage.
- RENTHAL tapered aluminium alloy handlebars reduce the amount of vibration reaching the grips.
- Narrow, lightweight thin-wall chrome-moly steel tube frame and a bolt-on type, aluminium-alloy subframe made for light responsive handling.
- Front and rear axle sliders for less damage of axles.
- Digital instrument includes speedometer, odometer, dual trip metres with addition/subtraction functions, clock and stopwatch.
- Bright 60/55W H4 halogen headlight, lightweight turn signals and compact taillight/brake light with a compact maintenance-free battery.
* The 2018 SuzukiFest promotion runs at participating Suzuki dealers between 1 November 2018 and 31 March 2019, or while stock lasts.