Engineered for fun
Whether you're a hard-core racer or just out for a thrilling ride, the Quadsport 400Z takes the trophy for the most fun you can have on four wheels.
With Suzuki's Fuel Injection system that provides a cleaner, quicker, and stronger acceleration than ever before it's the ideal four-wheeler for exciting sport riding on the track, in the sand, or in the woods.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement (CC)||398|
|Bore x Stroke||90.0 mm x 62.6 mm|
|Transmission||5 forward, 1 reverse|
|Overall Length (mm)||1830|
|Overall Width (mm)||1190|
|Overall Height (mm)||1145|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||265|
|Seat Height (mm)||810|
|Curb Mass (kg)||193|
|Suspension - Front||Independent, double wishbone, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension - Rear||Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes - Front||Disc, twin|
|Brakes - Rear||Disc|
|Tyre - Front||AT22 × 7R10** tubeless|
|Tyre - Rear||AT20 × 10R9** tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity (L)||9.1|
- 398cc, 1-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, aluminium-alloy engine with a flat torque curve and strong response over a wide rpm range.
- 5-speed transmission with reverse and wet multi-plate manual clutch.
- Cam profiles and a large 37mm carburettor with a throttle position sensor for smooth throttle response and strong engine power characteristics.
- Lightweight engine features a high compression ratio, large valves, high-performance valvetrain and high charging efficiency.
- Race-proven Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Materials (SCEM) plated cylinder reduces friction and improves heat transfer, durability and ring seal.
- Lightweight forged aluminium-alloy piston for improved performance and reduced vibration
- Low maintenance drive chain adjustment system, automatic cam chain tensioner and electronic CDI ignition system.
- Counter-balancer shaft reduces vibration for comfortable ride.
- Lightweight high-tensile steel-alloy tube frame and subframe.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension with preload adjustable, piggyback-reservoir shock absorbers.
The LT-Z400 is engineered for experienced riders and is for use only by those aged 16 and older. ATVs can be hazardous to operate. For your safety, always wear a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Always avoid paved surfaces. Never ride on public roads. Never carry passengers or engage in stunt riding. Riding and alcohol or other drugs do not mix. Avoid excessive speed. Be extra careful on difficult terrain. Read your Owner’s Manual carefully.